I was searching for something in Sanskrit that meets below criteria.
1. Reliable Sanskrit (Because I don't know the language in first place, didn't want to read things that may end up teaching me incorrect things.)
2. Written in form not too difficult to read (i.e. not one pad per para) + hindi translation available to make sense of even that 'not too difficult'.
3. Doesn't suffer from limited vocabulary (this was a major concern after somewhat burning my hands.. neurons... previously elsewhere).
4. Interesting (Reading it should be enjoyable, shouldn't feel like learning 'work')
5. Arisen/written originally in that form, not translation of something that has arisen in non-Sanskrit Sanskriti. (Language cannot be separated from culture without destroying both, No?)
6. Available in both audio and text (flexibility to slow down to understand).
Landed at Mahabharat.
Audio: https://archive.org/details/mahAbhArata-mUla-paThanam-GP
Text: https://archive.org/details/Mahabharata04SanskritHindiPanditRamnarayanGitaPress
and regarding learning the language, here is everything from Varnucchararan to Mahabhashya.. (honestly, I am so awestruck finding all these at one place that it s yet to occur to me that I should start going through it.)
https://archive.org/details/AshtadhyayiBhashyaCollection
and if you thought I probably don't deserve above finds if I cant even start putting minimum effort to make use of it, well, even I tend to agree with that thought, but, seems there is extra concession available for very uninitiated like me..
these lecture audios...
https://archive.org/details/Ashtadhyayi-Prathamavritti
(if you like to always know what's going on, start from lecture one, but if you are extra lazy like me, who, even when faced with something where you have no idea what's going on, can still simply close eyes and keep listening till clarity emerges on its own, I recommend - highly recommend you start with lecture numbered zero.)
and regarding learning the language, here is everything from Varnucchararan to Mahabhashya.. (honestly, I am so awestruck finding all these at one place that it s yet to occur to me that I should start going through it.)
https://archive.org/details/AshtadhyayiBhashyaCollection
and if you thought I probably don't deserve above finds if I cant even start putting minimum effort to make use of it, well, even I tend to agree with that thought, but, seems there is extra concession available for very uninitiated like me..
these lecture audios...
https://archive.org/details/Ashtadhyayi-Prathamavritti
(if you like to always know what's going on, start from lecture one, but if you are extra lazy like me, who, even when faced with something where you have no idea what's going on, can still simply close eyes and keep listening till clarity emerges on its own, I recommend - highly recommend you start with lecture numbered zero.)
No comments:
Post a Comment